We have a number of clubs that run after school and lunchtime, some organised by teachers and some by outside agencies. This term's clubs:
|Club||Leader||Who is it for?||When is it?|
KS2 Sports Club
Mr Flint (Dynamic Sports)
Dis & Voy
Monday 3.15pm - 4.30pm
KS1 Fun Fit Club
Mr Flint (Dynamic Sports)
Adv & Inv
Tuesday 3.15pm - 4.15pm
Exeter City Football Club
Years 3, 4, 5 & 6
Wednesday 3.15pm - 4.30pm
Forest school club
|Clare Hunter||Years TBC||Wednesday 3.15pm - 4.30pm|
To sign up for the Exeter City Football After School Club, please click here.
Children should come to school in their PE kits on the days that they have PE.
|Explorers||Monday & Friday|
|Investigators||Tuesday & Friday|
|Adventurers||Monday & Friday|
|Discoverers||Monday & Thursday|
|Voyagers||Tuesday & Thursday|
|Pioneers||Tuesday & Wednesday|
|Inventors||Wednesday & Thursday|
The Summer 2021 menu continues in September 2021 with the weeks as follows:
Week beginning 6th Sept - Menu 1
Week beginning 13th Sept - Menu 2
Week beginning 20th Sept - Menu 3
Week beginning 27th Sept - Menu 1
Week beginning 7th Oct - Menu 2
Week beginning 11th Oct - Menu 3
Week beginning 18th Oct - Menu 1
"The food is delicious and healthy as well. It's a nice chance to play with your friends and make friends in other classes." - Child in KS2
All of our school dinners are cooked and prepared on site using fresh ingredients.
Lunchtimes at Bishopsteignton are staggered so that all children, whether packed lunch or school dinners, can eat with friends in the hall. Our fantastic chef, Vicki, offers a wide range of meals for children to enjoy.
Children order their lunches daily during registration. Pupils in Explorers order their meals on a board outside the classroom. Lunches should be paid for in advance at the school office. The cost of a lunch is £2.50.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for Vicki please feel welcome to go and speak to her in the kitchen. She welcomes your feedback!
Parents are welcome to come in and sample the food - contact the school office for further details.
- This week and last week, all of our children took part in a sports competition within their own bubbles, but competing for their house teams.
- Today, here in Bishop, we experienced a partial solar eclipse.
- Our Year 4 children had an AMAZING day at the Forest and Beach setting near Beesands!
- REMEMBER to send your jokes in for our Red Nose Day video! Have you sent yours to us yet?
Breakfast Club and After School Club
From September 2021 we will be running a Breakfast Club and After School Club at school
Breakfast Club will run from 7.30am
After School Club will run until 6.00pm
Both will offer a range of activites and healthy snacks, and we look forward to welcoming your child to our club.
The School Nursing service across Devon has been working to improve access to information and support for all
Please visit their website here for information and to find out about the services they provide. You can also call them on 0333 234 1901.
A Single Point of Access (SPA) has also been set up to make it easier for families to access specialist services. You can self refer and information to support this, the referral forms and the access criteria for their services can be found on their website. Contact details for the SPA are:
Tel: 0330 024 5321
Please remember to pay dinner money!
Click here for copies of the latest letters that have been emailed out / sent home.
Summer Term 2021
19th April - 22nd July
Half term holiday
25th October - 29th October
Please click here to see a copy of the Home School Agreement.
Bishopsteignton School uniform:
- Navy blue school jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt
- Pale blue school polo shirt
- Grey, black or navy trousers
- Navy or grey skirt or dress (summer - blue gingham dress)
- Plain dark shoes (no high heels or open toes for safety reasons) or dark trainers
- White or navy socks in summer, grey or navy tights in winter
- A bag containing navy shorts (shadow stripes if possible), navy T-Shirt and plain trainers or plimsolls; in cold weather a plain tracksuit or similar sports clothing (no logos please).
- Shoes suitable for outdoor games (on grass or hard surface) are essential. Children must change their shoes for outdoor PE.
Bishopsteignton School (shipshape.online)