Bishopsteignton Primary School staff are talented and dedicated. The team transforms the lives of our students, owning our motto: “Believe in ourselves; be the best we can be”.
Bishopteignton Primary School is a community school that has a excellent reputation within the learning community and Devon for providing high quaility provision for all pupils.We are offering an opportunity for exceptional individual to join our committed and driven team.
NJC Grade A, £7.78 per hour
12.00pm - 1.30pm x 5 days a week. Term time only - 38 weeks a year.
We are currently looking for a Mealtime Assistant (MTA) to join our team. Please contact the school office for further details and an application form on 01626 775873. This position is subject to a DBS check.
Clerk to Governing Body, Bishopsteignton School
NJC Grade D, £9.37 – £11.02 per hour
150 hours per year
We are looking to appoint a clerk to support the governing board of this friendly village school. The governing board has undergone significant change in the past few months, to create a structure that is efficient, forward-looking and works in partnership with the school leaders to achieve the very best for the pupils at this expanding school.
The ideal candidate will be confident, reliable and access to a computer and the internet, is essential. Experience in another clerking position or an educational role is desirable, but not essential.
Bishopsteignton Governing Board has up to six full governing board meetings a year and termly committee meetings (Teaching & Learning / Resources). The clerk’s role is to work effectively with chair of governors, head teacher and governors to provide procedural advice and administrative support. Meetings are held within the school day as well as in the evenings.
- Assisting the chair of governors and head teacher in preparing the agenda and associated paperwork prior to Full Governor meetings.
- Produce, collate and distribute the agenda and papers so that recipients receive them a week before the meeting.
- Take accurate electronic minutes of the governing board meetings, including indicating who is responsible for any agreed action, and for quick distribution.
- Record all decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for actions.
- Attend clerks’ briefings and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Distribution of communications to governing board.
- Proven organisational skills, experience of organising meetings, including the setting of agendas and distribution of paperwork.
- Good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information..
- ICT literate with experience of using Word to produce professional documents.
We offer all of our employees:
- The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students.
- A highly competitive salary, access to a contributory pension scheme and term time working weeks.
For further details about this unique opportunity and to obtain an application pack please e-mail the School Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bishopsteignton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.