Bishopsteignton Primary School staff are talented and dedicated. The team transforms the lives of our students, owning our motto: “Believe in ourselves; be the best we can be”.
Do you have FLAIR, FLOW and FLEXIBILITY? Then we are looking for teachers like YOU! Bishopteignton Primary School is a community school that has a excellent reputation within the learning community and Devon for providing high quaility provision for all pupils. We are developing a culture of collaboration underpinned by professional challenge and take massive PRIDE in what we do every day!
Clerk to Governing Body
NJC Grade D, £9.27 – £10.96 per hour
150 hours per year
We are looking to appoint a clerk to support the governing board of this friendly village school. The governing board has undergone significant change in the past six months, to create a structure that is
efficient, forward-looking and works in partnership with the staff leaders to achieve the very best for the pupils at this expanding school. The ideal candidate will be confident, reliable, extremely organised and has great people skills. Competency in ICT, with access to a computer and the internet, is essential. Experience in another clerking position or an educational role is desirable, but not essential. Bishopsteignton Governing Board has up to six full governing board meetings a year and termly committee meetings (Teaching & Learning / Resources), with ad-hoc organised as required. The clerk’s role is to work effectively with the governors, chair of governors and head teacher to provide procedural advice and administration support. Meetings are held within th school day as well as in the evenings.
• Assisting the chair of governors and head teacher in preparing the agenda and associated paperwork prior to Full Governor meetings.
• Produce, collate and distribute the agenda and papers so that recipients receive them a week before the meeting.
• Take accurate electronic minutes of the governing board meetings, including indicating who is responsible for any agreed action, and for quick distribution.
• Record all decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for actions.
• Attend clerks’ briefings and participate in professional development opportunities.
• Distribution of communications to governing board.
• Proven experience of organising meetings, including the setting of agendas and distribution of paperwork.
• Good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information..
• ICT literate with experience of using Word to produce professional documents.
We offer all of our employees:
• The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students.
• A highly competitive salary, access to a contributory pension scheme and term time working weeks.
For further details about this unique opportunity and to obtain an application pack please e-mail the School Business Manager (email@example.com).
Bishopsteignton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.